June 20, 2014 -
On Friday, June 13, SCDSB secondary teacher and educational assistants were provided with an ipad for the day and given the option to sign it out for the summer. The teachers and EA's had pre-registered for several of the 8 different workshops focusing on the integration of ipads. These are the workshops that were offered:
• Foundations of Using an iPad as a Tool for Innovation and Instruction
• Traversing the Digital Realm: Recreation of Content in the 21st Century Classroom- This workshop will focus on a new way to offer content to students through the use of the vLE (Virtual Learning Environment) and NearPod
• Conquering the iPad Frontier: PionEAring iPads for Educational Assistants- This workshop will focus on universal access to: document and support learners, explore social stories to support Kelso and apps for behaviour management.Conquering the iPad Frontier: PionEAring iPads for Educational Assistants- This workshop will focus on universal access to: document and support learners, explore social stories to support Kelso and apps for behaviour management.
• You Really Can "Explain Everything"- This workshop will introduce the multi-talented design, screencasting, interactive whiteboard app. "Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive"- Walt Disney
• Don't Flip Out Over Flipping Your Classroom! - This workshop will introduce the concept of a flipped classroom. Why, when and how. Learn about Doceri and other apps that support this concept. Be prepared for hands-on activities.
• Let iPads lead the way for ALL - Let ALL students contribute and show their learning every day through the use of these tips, tools and tricks. (Special Education Focus)Let iPads Lead the Way for ALL - Let ALL students contribute and show their learning every day through the use of these tips, tools and tricks. (Special Education Focus)
• Go with the Flow!- Join this Apple Development Executive with hands-on navigation of the iOS App environment, focusing on multi-app use and tools that support collaboration, workflow, communication amongst and between teacher and student and student to student.
• Innovation in Instruction- The iPad is having a transformational impact on teaching and learning all over the planet. In this "Hands-on" session, come experience and learn about how the iPad, iTunes U and a few powerful apps can be used to differentiate, enhance and transform instruction and assessment practices in any classroom.
This session was lead an Apple Development Executive.